Medistanbul Clinic is an ideal choice for men who want a thick and regular beard. Hair (beard-mustache) loss seen in many men.
It is mainly caused by factors such as genetic factors, testosterone levels, poor vitamin intake, inadequate keratin and stress in the body. A rare or irregular beard can be treated with the help of a beard transplant. It is a simple procedure when applied in the right clinic. Healthy hair follicles behind the head, located between the ears, are transplanted in the recipient area, where they will normally grow. 2500 follicles are sufficient for beard and mustache transplant. Beard and mustache transplant is an aesthetic procedure. It does not affect the patient's health and has psychological benefits.
Beard and mustache transplantation restores the patient's confidence and increases his self-esteem. With the micro-FUE method, the hair follicles are removed one by one from the back of the head (donor area) and fixed to the channels (recipient area) opened by the expert. Using the Sapphire FUE method, beard and mustache transplant operations are performed under local anesthesia. The patient does not feel pain or discomfort and is conscious during the intervention. There are no scars and stitches after surgery.
Beard And Mustache Transplant Stages
- Examination: The doctor determines how many hair follicles are needed to cover the recipient area and how many grafts can be removed from the donor area. The doctor will mark the donor area and the recipient area. To achieve an optimal and natural result, the direction of hair growth of the beard will be determined during consultation.
- Operation: Like any hair transplant, it consists of several main parts:
1) Blood analysis: The patient's blood sample is drawn to detect any blood-borne disease. Platelet-rich plasma from the same blood is extracted by centrifuge for PRP treatment.
2) Anesthesia and before anesthesia: During the consultation, a lot of anesthesia is performed during the marking made by the doctor. Anesthesia is then performed in the marking area.
3) Removal of hair follicles from the donor area: Hair follicles are removed to the pyramidal system without damaging the donor area. After extraction there are small red dots that disappear within 48 hours.
4) Retention of follicles: To prevent dehydration, the extracted follicles should be kept in a sterile saline solution.
5) Open channels: With the help of sapphire (precious stone) scalpel, the doctor opens micro channels in the recipient area.
6) Transplantation: Hair follicles are implanted one by one to micro channels opened by a specialist.
7) PRP treatment: PRP treatment will be applied to the patient in the recipient area in the form of micro injection. The operation can take about 6-8 hours. In the middle of the intervention, a small pause will be made for the patient to eat.
8) Washing procedure: On the day following the patient's surgery, the intervened areas will be washed.
9)Recovery: After the operation, the receiving area may redden and swell slightly, but within a week it will regain its appearance like before the intervention.The donor area heals after about two weeks. The patient will be treated with antibiotics to prevent infection. In addition, analgesics and anti-inflammatories will be provided if the patient needs. After the recovery is complete, the beard or mustache grows like the original. Six months later, the final result will be revealed, a thick and healthy beard, mustache with a natural look will be obtained.
Advantages of Beard and Mustache Transplant
- It heals fast.
- No scar remains.
- High density is achieved.
- Beard appearance will be natural and healthy.
Benefits of Beard and Mustache Transplant
This intervention is not vital to the patient's health, but has psychological and aesthetic benefits:
- Restores the patient's confidence and self-esteem.
- Improves the appearance of the patient.
- Surgery causes minimal pain.
- Recovery time is very short.
- Covers possible defects. (wounds and balding areas)
- The beard can be cut and shaved normally.
- Hospitalization is not required.
- If the patient smokes a week before the intervention, he should give up this habit.
- The patient should not drink alcohol one week before the operation.
- The patient should wear light and comfortable clothing.
- Do not touch the affected areas.
- Be careful not to use alcohol and tobacco.
- Avoid sunlight.
- The patient should try to keep his face up.
- The patient should not lift weights.
- The patient should not exercise physically for two weeks.
- The beard can be cut with scissors three months after the transplant.
- The beard can be shaved with a manual device five to six months after the transplant.
- After waiting for a year, the beard can be shaved with an electric cutting machine.
Beard and mustache transplant is not recommended for people with serious cardiological disorders. Beard and mustache transplant cannot be performed to people with large alopecia. These people do not have a donor area to support the intervention. Beard and mustache transplantation is carried out by a medical team consisting of a specialist doctor and health technician.