Breast Augmentation Surgery, known in medical terms as a mammoplasty operation, is a cosmetic surgery technique that changes the shape and texture of the breasts and uses breast implants and transplant mammography techniques.
The media promotes a perfect body and has a strong emotional impact on women who have small or imperfect breasts. Breast augmentation surgery improves the confidence and self-esteem of women.
Breast augmentation surgery repairs the effects of different factors such as the passage of time, weight loss, breastfeeding or breast cancer, factors that change the size and shape of the breasts.
People with heart, lung or neurological conditions should alert the surgeon to the existence of these conditions. Depending on the severity of the disease, the surgeon decides whether it is possible to perform the breast augmentation operation. Minors need the parents' signature to perform the breast augmentation operation.
Breast Augmentation Techniques
- Magnification with breast implants. Technological advances and years of investigation in this field have made possible the appearance of implants that offer natural results, with safe products that do not deform and are accepted by the human body.
- Magnification with lipofilling. The operation involves enlarging the breasts with the patient's fat, the fat previously extracted by the liposuction procedure in the abdomen area and upper legs. This technique has the advantage of not introducing any foreign body into the body and ensuring an optimal and natural result. The downside to this technique is that not all patients have enough body fat for extraction, which limits the number of those who can benefit from this technique.
- Magnification with lipomamoplasty. This procedure consists of combining the operation with breast implants with lipofilling. It is also limited by the existence of fats necessary for the extraction. The advantage of this technique is that it takes a natural shape and the same consistency as a normal breast.
Stages Of Breast Augmentation
- Surgical consultation
- Preoperative blood tests
- Breast ultrasound
- Cardiology and anesthesia consultation
The operation (may take 60 to 90 minutes)
Preparation and marking of incision areas anesthesia, can be local or general. The incision is made in hidden areas to reduce visualization of scars. The incision can be made under the breast, in the axial area or under the nipple. The incision will vary depending on the size of the implant chosen, the type of implant, the anatomy or the preferences of the patient. The implant can be inserted above the pectoral muscle when there is enough tissue in the breast area (people who have breastfed or have weakened) or under the chest muscle (people with small breasts)
There are three types of breast implants:
- Implants with sterile saline solution
- Silicone gel implants
- Implants with alternative compounds.
Breast augmentation surgery brings major changes in the short term: unavailability to work, unavailability of physical exercise and strong emotional impact. Breast augmentation surgery is an aesthetic choice and not an intervention of vital importance to the health of the patient.
After breast augmentation surgery, the patient should restrict her movements and rest. During the first 48 hours, the patient should have the assistance of a person. In the first 24 to 48 hours after the procedure, the patient feels pain and fatigue.
Pain can be minimized by administering pain relievers and fatigue by total rest. To prevent infection, the patient will be prescribed antibiotic treatment. Two days after the operation, the sanitary napkins are replaced by a surgical bra or a bra of the type recommended for sports. If there are any points, they will be mined in 7-10 days.
- If the patient smokes, two weeks before the surgery, she should give up the habit
- Two weeks before surgery, the patient should not consume alcohol
- Two weeks before surgery, the patient cannot take any treatments that include blood thinners or aspirin.
- Six hours before the procedure, the patient cannot consume solid or liquid food
- The patient should not wear makeup, cream, perfume or painted fingernails
- The patient should not wear contact lenses or removable prostheses
- The patient must not wear metallic objects (rings, earrings, bracelets, necklaces or piercings)
- The patient should have light and comfortable clothing
- The patient must have a free period of at least two weeks
- Weights cannot be lifted
- Arm cannot be raised above shoulder level
- The seat belt cannot be worn for two months
- You cannot bathe for a month
- Hits in the area of operation should be avoided
- For a month, the patient must sleep face up
- For two months, the patient must wear the bag day and night