Closed Nose Surgery Simply Describes The Internally Nose Remodeling Technique, Making Incisions Inside The Nose. For this reason this technique is called Endonasal Surgery.
Like any intervention, rhinoplasty can be carried out according to different methods. There are two kinds of rhinoplasty: open rhinoplasty and closed rhinoplasty. Often reduced to their methods, these two techniques offer different surgical possibilities and different results.
The principles of closed rhinoplasty lie in the fact that the scars are hidden inside the nose. Access to the osteocardilaginous structure to be modified is done under the skin. All corrections are made under the skin. The principles of closed rhinoplasty are in the fact that the scars are hidden inside the nose.
Closed Rhinoplasty is a cosmetic operation on the nose that can remedy various problems:
- Reduce nose size
- Straighten a crooked nose
- Remove a bump
- Correct the crease between the nose and the upper lip.
These corrections can be combined during the same operation.
A closed rhinoplasty operation lasts approximately two hours and is performed under general anesthesia. Through an incision inside the nostril, the surgeon can reach the entire bone and cartilage structure of the nose and intervene in the selected areas. The surgeon works through internal incisions, in the nose these incisions generally dissipate in the nostrils and more rarely under the upper lip. The operation is performed in a hospital or ambulatory, the patient must stay overnight under medical supervision.
After the closed rhinoplasty surgery, minimal edema will appear, especially the first postoperative months, but the inflammation will finally disappear completely.
This correctly performed technique provides the best aesthetic results, compared to any other surgical intervention on the nose.
The Closed Rhinoplasty Aesthetic Operation Has Several Advantages:
- The intervention time is shorter and the recovery is faster
- There are no visible scars on the nose, unlike open rhinoplasty
- Less pain
- Less bruising and postoperative swelling.
Results and Postoperative Treatment
- After the operation, wicks are placed in the nose to prevent bleeding.
- During the following 48 hours, bruises appear after the surgical intervention.
- A plated splint and bandage are to be maintained for the next seven days.
- Social activities can generally be resumed after two weeks.
- The suture threads are absorbable and closed rhinoplasty leaves no visible scars.
- It is important to know that after the wicks have been removed, the patient may experience a feeling of nasal congestion simply due to swelling of the nasal mucosa.
- It is not recommended to blow your nose for the next two weeks after the operation.
- Sport and movements that need to lean or lift objects are not recommended for the next two weeks.