You don't have to leave your youthful appearance behind you with age. With the help of a Specialist Cosmetic Surgeon, You Can Counter The Effects Of Time And Gravity And Restore The Naturally Vibrating Appearance As You Remember Years Ago.
Facelift, or facial rejuvenation
It’s cosmetic surgery that removes excess skin. With aging, the skin loses its elasticity and its luminosity, wrinkles appear and the cheeks lose their suppleness. The facelift operation can be performed on patients of both sexes, in good health and aged 40 to 70 years.
The facelift operation offers a major improvement in appearance and is done in a clinic or hospital; this can be done under local anesthesia or general anesthesia. The choice of the type of anesthesia is conditioned by the complexity of the operation, preferably by the patient or the surgeon.
The facelift removes excess skin, strengthens the subcutaneous tissues and facial muscles and reposition the skin.
- Preoperative consultation
- Digital facial analysis
- Postoperative dressings and controls
The medical team must conduct a preoperative study to determine what can and cannot be done. A study of the patient's characteristics will be carried out in order not to make a major change in the identity of the face.
Lifting surgery has a variable duration depending on the lifestyle of each patient and the technique chosen by the surgeon.
There are two types of facelift operations:
- Cervico-facial lifting: The incision should be covered by the hair, it extends behind the ears and continues to the area of the scalp.
- Front linkage: The incision is made in the area where the eyebrow line and the hair line meet.
After the incision, the skin is separated from the layer of fat and the facial muscles, the excess fat is absorbed by the areas where it exists (in particular the goose) by a liposuction process, the muscles are tense and the excess is removed from the skin, then close the incisions with very fine sewing threads to make the scars as small as possible.
The facelift does not cause much pain, which can be corrected with the medication prescribed by the doctor. After the operation, some areas of the face will be numb, but these effects will disappear over time. In the days that follow, the face will be swollen after the operation, but it will have a short-term effect.
In order to speed up the recovery process, it is recommended that the patient always remains with his head raised. The stitches will be removed after five days, and the conventional stitches will be removed following the doctor's instructions later. Major effects of the facial lifting operation will be visible from the third week after the intervention.
Facelift surgery is sometimes subject to slight risks such as allergic reactions to treatment, infections and bleeding. These risks are eliminated if the doctor's recommendations are strictly followed. Generally, the remaining scars are barely visible and covered with hair.
Aging Face Signs:
- Multiple wrinkles
- Increased bumps in the nose and lips
- Lowering apples
- A dry and wrinkled complexion
- Two weeks before surgery, the patient will stop all treatment, including anti-inflammatory, anticoagulant or aspirin
- Six weeks before the operation, the administration of contraceptives should be stopped because they increase the risk of blood clots.
- Smoking will cease to be known a month before the intervention because it makes the healing process more difficult
- The facelift operation cannot be performed during the menstrual cycle
- Six hours before the operation, the patient cannot eat or drink anything
- Patient must take antibiotics and pain relievers for one week
- The patient should rest for a week
- For two weeks the patient cannot exercise and cannot participate in sports
- Patient can resume normal life and work after approximately two weeks
- For 3 to 4 months, exposure to the sun will be avoided in order not to develop any risk during the healing period.
Facelift surgery is not a vitally important operation. It has many psychological advantages like any cosmetic operation.
The facelift decreases the signs of aging, restores the complexion and luminosity of the skin, restores self-esteem and patient confidence. The results of the facelift do not have a permanent effect, a new intervention being possible after a period of ten years.